Delicious and easy grilled pork chop dinner ideasEditorial Team
With summer going in full force, you must be eager to fire up your grill and put together a delicious smoky feast. One particular dish that most grill enthusiasts absolutely love is grilled pork chops. With the perfect combination of tender and juicy meat goodness alongside the incredible grilled flavour, it can send any meat lover over the moon.
If you love cooking a grilled feast for your friends and family, these mouth-watering pork chop dinner ideas will be the perfect addition to your repertoire of grilled goodies.
Making the perfect grilled pork chop is an art that any grill enthusiast should know. So, let’s first get into how you can make sure to get a perfectly cooked, juicy pork chop every time you fire up your grill.
Helpful tips to perfect your pork chop grilling technique
Consider these tips the next time you’re grilling pork chops to indulge in delectable flavours every single time.
- Pork chops should be marinated for up to 8 hours for the flavours to be absorbed properly. Start the marinating process early.
- Pork chops should be placed on a grill that is already heated up. This will help you get those nice grill marks on the sides.
- Pork chops should be cooked until the internal temperature of the meat reaches around 62°C for a perfect cook. Use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature.
An additional tip for serving—let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving to let the flavour seep into the meat.
Delicious grilled pork chop dinner ideas
Now that you know how to get the perfect pork chops from your grilling adventures, let’s look at some delectable recipes!
Classic grilled pork chops
You can’t go wrong with this classic grilled pork chop recipe.
Ingredients: ½ cup sugar, ½ cup Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 2 garlic cloves, and 4 bone-in pork loin chops (225g each)
- Combine the sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and pepper in a bowl
- Add the pork chops, turn to coat, refrigerate, and marinate for 8 hours
- Drain the pork chops and toss them on a preheated, greased grill rack for 4-5 minutes for the perfect cook
- Let the chops rest for 5 minutes and serve
Glazed pork chops
This time, a little sweetness to elevate the dish.
Ingredients: ½ cup ketchup, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup white vinegar, ¼ cup orange juice, ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon dried and crushed rosemary, 2 garlic cloves, and 8 bone-in pork loin chops (200g each)
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, white vinegar, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and minced garlic in a bowl
- Add the pork chops and turn to coat
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours
- Drain the pork chops, grill them on a greased grill rack for 4-6 minutes until the meat reaches the desired doneness, and brush with the leftover marinade
- Let the chops rest for 5 minutes, and serve
Chipotle-raspberry pork chops
And now for something completely different.
Ingredients: ½ cup seedless raspberry preserves, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, 4 bone-in pork loin chops (200g each)
- Mix the raspberry preserves and chipotle pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through. Keep one-fourth of it for serving
- Salt the pork chops and brush with the sauce
- Grease the grill, place the pork chops, and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
- Let the chops rest for 5 minutes, and serve with the reserved sauce
Five-spice glazed pork chops
Introducing, flavours galore!
Ingredients: ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice, ¼ cup grape jelly, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger, ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder, 4 bone-in pork loin chops (210g each)
- Mix the apple juice, grape jelly, cider vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and five-spice powder in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil
- Reduce heat, simmer, and leave uncovered for 10 minutes
- Add the pork chops, turn to coat, and marinate
- Drain the pork chops and grill them on a greased grill rack for 4-6 minutes until the meat reaches the desired doneness and brush with the leftover marinade
- Let the chops rest for 5 minutes, and serve
Now you’re ready for the perfect grilled pork chop feast!
Include these delicious and easy grilled pork chop dinner ideas in your repertoire and wow your friends and family at your next grilling session.
Want to amp up the flavour? Grab a yummy ready-made marinade of your preferred taste and make the preparation process much easier. Now all you need to do is fire up that grill and get cooking!