Butt Rub® was created by Byron Chism in the Spring of 1997. At the time, Byron had just graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and was cooking professionally.
Between his Texas upbringing and a good BBQ neighbor in Santa Rosa Beach, barbeque went from a pastime to a passion! Butt Rub® emerged in this setting and was first sold at Cocoon’s Fine Foods in Seagrove Beach, Florida on May 31, 1997.
To help market his creation, Byron began competing in BBQ competitions accross the country traveling extensively and emerging as one of the top 10 KCBS cooks for 7 consecutive years (2000-2007) among his many honors.
With the competition awards, TV exposure, product awards and internet marketing, Butt Rub® has steadily become a household name.
As we celebrate our 20th year in business, we are tremendously thankful to our many wonderful customers, retailers and supporters – You are the best! Long Live Butt Rub®!
Butt Rub World Headquarters
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- Competed in over 200 BBQ events in 21 states, 11 countries (US, Switzerland, England, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic, Belgium, Australia, France, Sweden, Norway)
- Competed in more countries than any US cook in competition BBQ
- Featured on The Food Network (The Circuit ;2003, Bama-Que; 2006) Original featured BBQ Chef for BBQ AllStars (OLN Network 2005) Original featured Champion on Barbeque Championship Series (VS Network 2006)
- Winner of 38 Grand Championships, 25 Reserve Championships, with Grand Championships received in three different decades
- 7 time Top 10 overall KCBS Champion (2001 – 2007)
- 2001 American Royal Invitational Grand Champion Award featured on Al Rokers BBQ Special, Food Network
- 4 time National Category KCBS Champion (Pork 2002, 2007/ Brisket 2003, 2007)
- 2002 NBBQ News Cook of the Year
- 2006 World Brisket Champion
- (85) 1st place category finishes (11 Chicken, 21 Ribs, 26 Pork, 27 Brisket)
YOUTUBE CHANNEL – 5 videos